"The connection with the debugger has been lost"...

"The connection with the debugger has been lost"...

brspurri
Hi all,

I just upgraded to MT version 5.2.1, and my app builds and deploys to the phone just fine. However, the debugger won't connect and i get the following error message popup (presumable from a timeout):

The connection with the debugger has been lost. The target application may have exited.

Mono did this on occasion with older versions and could usually be remedied by a MD restart, but since the latest upgrade, it fails every time.

My device is - of course - plugged in, reads fine in Xcode, and all that good stuff. Then after this happens, I go to exit MonoDevelop, and MD, gives me the pinwheel of death, and the only way to exit is by a force quite.

Has anyone seen this? Any remedies?

My version info is:
MonoDevelop: 2.8.6.4
MonoTouch: 5.2.1
Mono Framework: 2.10.8.1

Cheers,
Brett

The next

Re: "The connection with the debugger has been lost"...

Rolf Bjarne Kvinge

I have a few questions to track this down:

* Does the app actually start when this happens?
* Does the app start if you tap on it instead of running it using MonoDevelop?
* Is anything printed to the iOS device log?
* Can you add -v -v -v to the additional mtouch arguments, and then see what shows up in the iOS device log?

Thanks,
Rolf