-noregistrar startup time for app

sama446
My app used to work normally before monotouch update of 5.4. After the update it started throwing error (Failed to compile generated registrar code). Then i added --noregistrar in additional mtouch arguments of iosbuild. Now the app is taking too long before start up. Is there any way to get normal startup time for my app.

It does not build without --noregistrar, and i am sure the delay is because of noregistrar. I will need fix ASAP as my client is complaining about the delay in startup time(App is in live). If anyone has this problem please let me know how you fixed this.

Re: -noregistrar startup time for app

Rolf Bjarne Kvinge
Hi,

Can you please file a bug report (http://bugzilla.xamarin.com) about the failure to compile the generated registrar code (and include a test case / your project, so that I can reproduce it)?

The fix for the slow startup with --noregistrar is to remove that flag (i.e. use the registrar - one of the primary reasons the registrar exists is to speed up startup), so what has to be done is to fix the problem with the generated registrar code.

Rolf