Quantcast

cross platform library code

jawbrey
If I want to share domain code in a library project between MT/MfA/WP7, I have to create separate csproj files for each platform, correct?

Are there any tools for converting the csproj files for each platform, or is it best just to do it manually?

JA

Re: cross platform library code

Jeff Stedfast
You can actually create a single "Portable Library Project".

It's a bit of a hack, but it works.

Jeff

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 3:58 PM, Jason Awbrey <[hidden email]> wrote:
If I want to share domain code in a library project between MT/MfA/WP7, I have to create separate csproj files for each platform, correct?

Are there any tools for converting the csproj files for each platform, or is it best just to do it manually?

JA

Re: cross platform library code

Tom Opgenorth
I haven't see any tools to convert the CSPROJ files.

There is this document which might prove helpful:
http://docs.xamarin.com/ios/tutorials/cross_platform/building_cross_platform_applications

Specifically this section:
http://docs.xamarin.com/ios/tutorials/Cross_Platform/Building_Cross_Platform_Applications/Part_3_-_Setting_Up_A_Xamarin_Cross_Platform_Solution

http://www.opgenorth.net

Re: cross platform library code

Craig Dunn-2
Yep - there is a very basic example PCL project here

there is a few basic Linq statements in here

HTH

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 10:05 AM, Jason Awbrey <[hidden email]> wrote:
can I use LINQ in a PCL project?

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 3:01 PM, Jeff Stedfast <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can actually create a single "Portable Library Project".

It's a bit of a hack, but it works.

Jeff

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 3:58 PM, Jason Awbrey <[hidden email]> wrote:
If I want to share domain code in a library project between MT/MfA/WP7, I have to create separate csproj files for each platform, correct?

Are there any tools for converting the csproj files for each platform, or is it best just to do it manually?

JA

Re: cross platform library code

jawbrey
ok - I created a PCL project in my MT solution

when I look at the project references, I see System.Core, System, and System.XML in red (Assembly not available in .NETPortable 4.0 Profile1 Profile (in Mono 2.10.9))

the Edit References dialog doesn't list any available dll's when I try to add System.XML.Linq

I'm running on the beta channel with MD 3.0.3.5, Mono 2.10.9, MT 5.3.5

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 7:11 PM, Craig Dunn <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yep - there is a very basic example PCL project here

there is a few basic Linq statements in here

HTH

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 10:05 AM, Jason Awbrey <[hidden email]> wrote:
can I use LINQ in a PCL project?

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 3:01 PM, Jeff Stedfast <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can actually create a single "Portable Library Project".

It's a bit of a hack, but it works.

Jeff

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 3:58 PM, Jason Awbrey <[hidden email]> wrote:
If I want to share domain code in a library project between MT/MfA/WP7, I have to create separate csproj files for each platform, correct?

Are there any tools for converting the csproj files for each platform, or is it best just to do it manually?

JA

Re: cross platform library code

technohead
I was seeing the same thing (running the latest stable releases). I ended up going down the separate .csproj files for platform.

Dennis