building a ipa from visual studio with Xamarin Studio

building a ipa from visual studio with Xamarin Studio

John Thornton

Can anyone tell me how to produce an IPA using XS and a build host from Visual Studio 2012?

Myself and several others have asked this on the Forums but I’ve seen no official response yet.  Is this supported?

http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/6384/#Comment_6384

http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/6385/#Comment_6385

http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/6469/#Comment_6469

Thanks,

John

Re: building a ipa from visual studio with Xamarin Studio

Nic Wise
I do it in XS, I dont have VS here. But you do it via Project -> Zip
App Bundle (IPA is a zip!) or Build -> Archive and it ends up in the
XCode Organiser's archive section.

But to do an IPA to upload to itunes, zip app bundle works.

Now, does VS have it... I'm not sure :(

On 5 March 2013 21:49, John Thornton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to produce an IPA using XS and a build host from
> Visual Studio 2012?
>

> Myself and several others have asked this on the Forums but I’ve seen no
> official response yet.  Is this supported?
>

> http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/6384/#Comment_6384
>
> http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/6385/#Comment_6385
>
> http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/6469/#Comment_6469
>

> Thanks,
>
> John

Re: building a ipa from visual studio with Xamarin Studio

Craig Dunn-2
I'm just looking at this now. There is a button in the iOS toolbar in Visual Studio -> "Show IPA file in Finder", which I think some of you have already found. It doesn't seem to work as expected, however; or else there's some ritual to follow first in terms of the configuration you build, etc. I'm going to see if I can find out what that is.

If you are watching the Output Window > Mac Server Log you'll see the output that gives you a hint about where the final .app bundle goes. I am choosing BUILD > Deploy from the menubar (ensuring the configuration i'm using has 'Deploy' ticked in the Solution Configuration options).

as an example, the app i'm currently building is going to:

/Users/craigdunn/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/Monospace11/efaef3ca-cbcf-49e2-a52a-069372d79667/output/Release/iPhone/Monospace11.app

obviously this isn't an IPA, but it's a start. will post more info when i know it.

cd

t.  <a href="tel:%2B44%207788%20592%20806" value="+447788592806">+44 7788 592 806 | @fastchicken