Xamarin.iOS to Xamarin.Mac Roseta Stone

ric3kg
I'm about to embark on the voyage of converting an iOS app to the Mac and was wondering if there might be a Roseta Stone to help guide my journey? Something like UIWebView = WebView...

Thanks,
Rick

Re: Xamarin.iOS to Xamarin.Mac Roseta Stone

Nic Wise
I've not seen one, but generally

CocoaTouch -> Cocoa

UI* -> NS*
NS* -> NS* (no change)

Basically, you have UIKit on CocoaTouch, and you have AppKit, I think,
on Cocoa. They don't do the same thing, at all, tho the basic
metaphores and patterns are similar.

Best thing apple did (and WORST thing MSFT did with windows.forms on
desktop and mobile and web) was to throw out the old UI controls and
start again with UIKit. You then go in without preconceived notions of
what a Button should do.... for example.

Would love to know how you get on, if you blog about it etc.

On 21 March 2013 15:43, ric3kg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm about to embark on the voyage of converting an iOS app to the Mac and was
> wondering if there might be a Roseta Stone to help guide my journey?
> Something like UIWebView = WebView...
>
> Thanks,
> Rick

Re: Xamarin.iOS to Xamarin.Mac Roseta Stone

Craig Dunn-2
the biggest shock for me was how different NSTableView was - it's still "kinda familiar" (and let me get a basic sample up and running pretty quick) but the Mac controls definitely feel different to iOS :)

bon voyage!

cd

t.  <a href="tel:%2B44%207788%20592%20806" value="+447788592806">+44 7788 592 806 | @fastchicken