Using .Resx for localization

spongebob
Hello,

I have been successfully able to access .resx files in my project however because my project is so big I would like to be able to divide the .resx files up by language folders, e.g en-EN, es-ES

When i tried doing this what I discovered is .resx files only work at the root of the project as embedded resources.

Is there a way I can separate my .resx files by directory?

Regards!!

Re: Using .Resx for localization

Nic Wise
I'm not sure (having not tried it), but if you need to go
multilingual, Vernacular is ment to be very good

https://github.com/rdio/vernacular

(ie, if you can't find a good alternative)

in short I have over 100 .Resx files in 7 languages, and if i have to store them all on the root of the application it is an administrative nightmare.

Re: Using .Resx for localization

Nic Wise
Oh yes, thats going to be a mess.

I assume they are already translated?

(I've never tried using resx BTW)

Could you put them in the root of separate assemblies? Or one separate assembly?