Unable to optimise localization string file error

Unable to optimise localization string file error

Paul Johnson
Hi,

Can anyone give me a pointer on what I need to look out for in a
Localization.string file to avoid this error?

plutil -convert binary1 -o
"/Volumes/Developer/Developer/ftrack-ios/Farmtrack/bin/iPhoneSimulator/Debug/FTrackLive.app/en.lproj/Localizable.strings"
"/Volumes/Developer/Developer/ftrack-ios/Farmtrack/en.lproj/Localizable.strings"
/Volumes/Developer/Developer/ftrack-ios/Farmtrack/en.lproj/Localizable.strings:
Property List error: Unexpected character / at line 1 / JSON error: JSON
text did not start with array or object and option to allow fragments
not set.
plutil exited with code 1

I've looked around and can't see anything that shows pitfalls with using
the Localizable.strings file.

Paul
--
"Space," it says, "is big. Really big. You just won't believe how
vastly, hugely, mindbogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a

Re: Unable to optimise localization string file error

Jeff Stedfast
Hi Paul,

What does your strings file look like? Are you sure the file isn't corrupted? Seems like plutil expects the file to be in json format but your file is not.

Sent from my iPhone