Re: [MonoTouch] Assertion failure in mini-trampolines.c

Re: [MonoTouch] Assertion failure in mini-trampolines.c

David Moles
It looks like I had a stack overflow, somewhere prior to the apparently offending line. Sorry -- I have a feeling I've done this before. :P

Is it still worth filing a bug? That is, is the fact that the stack overflow manifests this way likely to indicate another bug, or is there anything that can/should be done on the Mono / MT side to fail in a less weird way?

--D.

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 9:32 AM, David Moles <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey, Geoff --

I'll see if I can come up with a minimal test case, but not having any idea what might cause it, I don't know how reproducible it will be.

--D.

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 8:10 PM, Geoff Norton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Please file a bug with a test case

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

--
David Moles

Re: [MonoTouch] Assertion failure in mini-trampolines.c

Geoff Norton
Properly recovering from a stack overflow is very tricky.  We're working in this area to improve the experience tho.

No need to file a bug, thanks

-g

Re: Assertion failure in mini-trampolines.c

David Moles
Thanks. I will put a sticky note on my monitor that says "SIGABRT = stack overflow", and keep my mouth shut next time till I'm sure that's not what's going on. :)