Re: MonoTouch 4 Beta

Nic Wise
I had it installed, but I had to get a release out, so I moved back to
3.x. Will me moving to MT4 + XC3 very shortly (like, tomorrow or on
the weekend)

What I didn't realise is, MT4 works fine with XC3, so if you dont
wanna upgrade that bit, you can keep XC3 an use MT4.

Geoff tells me, via twitter:

@fastchicken Nope, nothing we're aware of with b2 and the latest MD,
in fact some apps have already submitted.

So if you dont need XC4, MT4 is fine. If you want to use XC4 (and
possibly dont need IB support - there was a problem with it, might be
fixed now?) you can move to XC4 + MT4.

I'd love to see some docs / a blog post / an email talking about some
of the new stuff in it, eg:

thumb (arm7) vrs arm 6. Whats the ramifications of using this? If I
set it to "both", I assume it runs on all platforms (3G -> iPad 2),
but the binary is larger (as it as arm6 and arm7 in the .app?), and
it's quicker on A4/A5 chips. But I dont know the answer.

And.... other stuff.... :)

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 03:50, Wally McClure
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> How are people finding the MonoTouch 4 beta?  How is it integrating with the
> Interface building in XCode4?  I'm still hanging around on 3.2.6 because the
> process is stable, but, like everyone dev out there, I want to move to the
> latest.
>
> Wally

t.  +44 7788 592 806 | @fastchicken | http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicwise
b. http://www.fastchicken.co.nz/ | http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicwise
mobileAgent (for FreeAgent): get your accounts in your pocket.
http://goo.gl/IuBU
Trip Wallet: Keep track of your budget on the go: http://goo.gl/ePhKa

Re: MonoTouch 4 Beta

Wally McClure
Thanks for the info about MT4 running on XC3.  I was not aware of that.  I have a rather interesting need to go ahead and use XC4.

Wally

> Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 09:17:50 +0100
> Subject: Re: [MonoTouch] MonoTouch 4 Beta
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> CC: [hidden email]
>
> I had it installed, but I had to get a release out, so I moved back to
> 3.x. Will me moving to MT4 + XC3 very shortly (like, tomorrow or on
> the weekend)
>
> What I didn't realise is, MT4 works fine with XC3, so if you dont
> wanna upgrade that bit, you can keep XC3 an use MT4.
>
> Geoff tells me, via twitter:
>
> @fastchicken Nope, nothing we're aware of with b2 and the latest MD,
> in fact some apps have already submitted.
>
> So if you dont need XC4, MT4 is fine. If you want to use XC4 (and
> possibly dont need IB support - there was a problem with it, might be
> fixed now?) you can move to XC4 + MT4.
>
> I'd love to see some docs / a blog post / an email talking about some
> of the new stuff in it, eg:
>
> thumb (arm7) vrs arm 6. Whats the ramifications of using this? If I
> set it to "both", I assume it runs on all platforms (3G -> iPad 2),
> but the binary is larger (as it as arm6 and arm7 in the .app?), and
> it's quicker on A4/A5 chips. But I dont know the answer.
>
> And.... other stuff.... :)
>
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 03:50, Wally McClure
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > How are people finding the MonoTouch 4 beta?  How is it integrating with the
> > Interface building in XCode4?  I'm still hanging around on 3.2.6 because the
> > process is stable, but, like everyone dev out there, I want to move to the
> > latest.
> >
> > Wally

> Nic Wise
> t.  +44 7788 592 806 | @fastchicken | http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicwise
> b. http://www.fastchicken.co.nz/ | http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicwise
> mobileAgent (for FreeAgent): get your accounts in your pocket.
> http://goo.gl/IuBU
> Trip Wallet: Keep track of your budget on the go: http://goo.gl/ePhKa

Re: MonoTouch 4 Beta

Nic Wise
Cool. Well, keep us up to date :) I'm going with MT4 and XC3 for the
moment - I have no pressing need for XC3 just yet.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 13:21, Wally McClure
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for the info about MT4 running on XC3.  I was not aware of that.  I
> have a rather interesting need to go ahead and use XC4.
> Wally
>
>> Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 09:17:50 +0100
>> Subject: Re: [MonoTouch] MonoTouch 4 Beta
>> From: [hidden email]
>> To: [hidden email]
>> CC: [hidden email]
>>
>> I had it installed, but I had to get a release out, so I moved back to
>> 3.x. Will me moving to MT4 + XC3 very shortly (like, tomorrow or on
>> the weekend)
>>
>> What I didn't realise is, MT4 works fine with XC3, so if you dont
>> wanna upgrade that bit, you can keep XC3 an use MT4.
>>
>> Geoff tells me, via twitter:
>>
>> @fastchicken Nope, nothing we're aware of with b2 and the latest MD,
>> in fact some apps have already submitted.
>>
>> So if you dont need XC4, MT4 is fine. If you want to use XC4 (and
>> possibly dont need IB support - there was a problem with it, might be
>> fixed now?) you can move to XC4 + MT4.
>>
>> I'd love to see some docs / a blog post / an email talking about some
>> of the new stuff in it, eg:
>>
>> thumb (arm7) vrs arm 6. Whats the ramifications of using this? If I
>> set it to "both", I assume it runs on all platforms (3G -> iPad 2),
>> but the binary is larger (as it as arm6 and arm7 in the .app?), and
>> it's quicker on A4/A5 chips. But I dont know the answer.
>>
>> And.... other stuff.... :)
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 03:50, Wally McClure
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > How are people finding the MonoTouch 4 beta?  How is it integrating with
>> > the
>> > Interface building in XCode4?  I'm still hanging around on 3.2.6 because
>> > the
>> > process is stable, but, like everyone dev out there, I want to move to
>> > the
>> > latest.
>> >
>> > Wally

>> --
>> Nic Wise
>> t.  +44 7788 592 806 | @fastchicken | http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicwise
>> b. http://www.fastchicken.co.nz/ | http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicwise
>> mobileAgent (for FreeAgent): get your accounts in your pocket.
>> http://goo.gl/IuBU
>> Trip Wallet: Keep track of your budget on the go: http://goo.gl/ePhKa

t.  +44 7788 592 806 | @fastchicken | http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicwise
b. http://www.fastchicken.co.nz/ | http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicwise
mobileAgent (for FreeAgent): get your accounts in your pocket.
http://goo.gl/IuBU
Trip Wallet: Keep track of your budget on the go: http://goo.gl/ePhKa

Re: MonoTouch 4 Beta

dtavlikos
I also have his setup. MT4b with XCode 3* and waiting for a stable MT4 before upgrading to XCode 4. So far MT4 works great.

Dimitris Tavlikos
Software Developer
Email: [hidden email]
Twitter: @dtavlikos
Blog: http://software.tavlikos.com

On Mar 31, 2011, at 3:46 PM, Nic Wise wrote:

> Cool. Well, keep us up to date :) I'm going with MT4 and XC3 for the
> moment - I have no pressing need for XC3 just yet.
>
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 13:21, Wally McClure
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thanks for the info about MT4 running on XC3.  I was not aware of that.  I
>> have a rather interesting need to go ahead and use XC4.
>> Wally
>>
>>> Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 09:17:50 +0100
>>> Subject: Re: [MonoTouch] MonoTouch 4 Beta
>>> From: [hidden email]