Quantcast

Problems debugging UIWebView in Safari on iOS7

Problems debugging UIWebView in Safari on iOS7

Chris Waldron

I'm having trouble getting the Safari Web Inspector to debug a Xamarin UIWebView application. When I run my application and the iOS Simulator appears, using Safari -> Develop ->iPhone Simulator what appears as the menu option is "No Inspectable Application".  I've been trying to track this problem down but it appears there is no consistent solution to this problem. I've read several resolution none of which worked for me.

I've followed setting up mobile Safari in the simulator so that "Private" is disabled. I've even tried adding code in Xamarin that should enable the code inspector for JavaScript debugging to no avail. There is a more complicated version in XCode but I'm not an XCode guru to try this. If there is a C# wrapper for it then that would be helpful.

Thanks.