My Ipad app doesn't start in some countries.

Art

My Ipad app doesn't start in some countries.

Art
My iPad app doesn't start in some countries.   Based on the user reports, Turkey is the only country right now. Is there anything I can do to repeat the crash.

Is the OS different in each country?

Thanks
Art

Re: My Ipad app doesn't start in some countries.

Sebastien Pouliot
On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 11:36 AM, Art <[hidden email]> wrote:
> My iPad app doesn't start in some countries.   Based on the user reports,
> Turkey is the only country right now. Is there anything I can do to repeat
> the crash.

Try changing your device settings's Region Format to "Turkish (Turkey)".

> Is the OS different in each country?

No but the region information will be different. That will affect how
some things works, like parsing values (e.g. different decimal
separator...).

Sebastien

> Thanks
> Art

Re: My Ipad app doesn't start in some countries.

Nic Wise
> No but the region information will be different. That will affect how
> some things works, like parsing values (e.g. different decimal
> separator...).

Oh yes:

2012.05.12 (japan)
05/12/2012 (USA)
12/05/2012 (everyone else)
12-05-2012 (some european countries)
12.05.2012 (turkish)

100.00 (english speakers)
100,00 (everyone in europe)
1,000.00 (english speakers)
1.000,00 (everyone in europe)

you get the idea :)

This also might help:

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2008/03/whats-wrong-with-turkey.html
Art

Re: My Ipad app doesn't start in some countries.

Art
Thank you for your help.
I found the problem
If you have any ui element name start with i,  the app doesn't start.
To repeat
1- add UIImageView to view in the designer
2- name it imgBck

I know Turkish has i without a dot. I think this might be causing the issue.

I am using XCode 4.2.

Thanks
Art

Art

Re: My Ipad app doesn't start in some countries.

Art
I forgot to mention I am getting the following error:

Objective-C exception thrown.  Name: NSUnknownKeyException Reason: [<testturkishViewController 0x1032ad30> setValue:forUndefinedKey:]: this class is not key value coding-compliant for the key imgBck

Thanks
Art

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Art <[hidden email]> wrote:
My iPad app doesn't start in some countries.   Based on the user reports,
Turkey is the only country right now. Is there anything I can do to repeat
the crash.

Is the OS different in each country?

Thanks
Art

Re: My Ipad app doesn't start in some countries.

Sebastien Pouliot
Hello Art,

Can you fill a bug report with a test case we can try ?

Just curious if the issue is (partially) inside the class libraries,
e.g. a culture aware string manipulation.

Thanks
Sebastien

Art

Re: My Ipad app doesn't start in some countries.

Art
Hello Sebastien,

I am using Xcode 4.2. I don't know if it makes any difference.

I will fill a bug report.

It is easy to reproduce
1- Create a single view ipad project
2- Add UIIMageView in the designer and name it imgBck
3- Set region format to Turkey

Thanks
Art

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I forgot to mention I am getting the following error:
>
> Objective-C exception thrown.  Name: NSUnknownKeyException Reason:
> [<testturkishViewController 0x1032ad30> setValue:forUndefinedKey:]: this
> class is not key value coding-compliant for the key imgBck
>
> Thanks
> Art
>

> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Art <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> My iPad app doesn't start in some countries.   Based on the user reports,
>> Turkey is the only country right now. Is there anything I can do to repeat
>> the crash.
>>
>> Is the OS different in each country?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Art