Monotouch Barcode Generator

Steve Maddox
Hi All,

I have a customer wanting to generate (not read) simple barcodes for product offerings in their stores...I've never touched barcode stuff before...

Have you guys ran across anything in monotouch to generate them?

Thanks!

Steve Maddox

Re: Monotouch Barcode Generator

jawbrey
There are some posts on SO about doing it in iOS - you could try porting them to MT

barcodes are one of those things that turn out to be a lot more complex than you would think - not difficult neccesarily, but there are a lot of different types and formats used for different applications.  You might want to find out if your customer has something specific in mind before you invest too much time in it

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 7:29 PM, Steve Maddox <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I have a customer wanting to generate (not read) simple barcodes for product offerings in their stores...I've never touched barcode stuff before...

Have you guys ran across anything in monotouch to generate them?

Thanks!

Steve Maddox

Re: Monotouch Barcode Generator

dermotos
It should be possible to just use a barcode font (eg: 3 of 9).
As for importing custom fonts, found this...
http://monotouch.2284126.n4.nabble.com/Custom-Fonts-td3591283.html

Re: Monotouch Barcode Generator

Greg
From my experience of using (both generating and reading) if you can ideally I would recommend a code 128 based barcode. Again you can get fonts for these, but there are also generators that could be ported across.

Greg

Re: Monotouch Barcode Generator

xiaoyuandlg
Very impressive thread with marvelous discussions which helped me a lot on the understanding of the barcode things, this also helped me on my gs1-128 barcode java generator. Great!