Mono Touch and Team City

Tiernan OToole

Good morning all.

I am in the process of building a cross platform application (Windows Phone, Android and iOS) and would like to setup Team City to build my application.

I have team city installed, and its checking code out of GitHub, but when it tries to build, its failing for both Android and iOS.

My question is: how do I set Team City to build a mono touch application? Given it needs to be built on a Mac, I installed Team City build agent on my Mac Mini, but how do I hook the rest up?

I know it’s probably an open ended question, and apologies for that, but I am a little lost in what to do next…

Thanks.

--Tiernan

Re: Mono Touch and Team City

Rolf Bjarne Kvinge
Hi,

You can execute builds from the commandline using mdtool, which is explained here: http://stackoverflow.com/a/5634887/183422

Rolf

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Tiernan OToole <[hidden email]> wrote:

Good morning all.

I am in the process of building a cross platform application (Windows Phone, Android and iOS) and would like to setup Team City to build my application.

I have team city installed, and its checking code out of GitHub, but when it tries to build, its failing for both Android and iOS.

My question is: how do I set Team City to build a mono touch application? Given it needs to be built on a Mac, I installed Team City build agent on my Mac Mini, but how do I hook the rest up?

I know it’s probably an open ended question, and apologies for that, but I am a little lost in what to do next…

Thanks.

--Tiernan

Re: Mono Touch and Team City

Tiernan OToole

Cool. Thanks!

--Tiernan

Re: Mono Touch and Team City

Brian Chow
We have this setup running, combined with testflight for testing distribution.  Here's the commands we have for teamcity to build our iOS dev builds.  Change the <Your Solution> to whatever is appropriate for you.

/Applications/Xamarin\ Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/mdtool build "-t:Clean" "--configuration:AdHoc|iPhone" "%teamcity.build.checkoutDir%"/<Your Solution>.sln
/Applications/Xamarin\ Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/mdtool build "--configuration:AdHoc|iPhone" "%teamcity.build.checkoutDir%"/<Your Solution>.sln

Also,we found we needed to run the teamcity agent as a dedicated user, and that user must be logged.  This was for keychain access to sign your assemblies.  We've got it running on a headless mac mini and just remote screen share after boot to log into the teamcity dedicated user and start the build agent.

I also recommend being connect to either a screen share, or at the console/monitor/keyboard for the first builds, in order to approve password or authorization pop ups.  After that, it should be able to be run hands off, at least until the next reboot.

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 7:56 AM, Tiernan OToole <[hidden email]> wrote:

Cool. Thanks!

--Tiernan