Keep IOS6 app style under IOS7 devices

Alejandro Vazquez
Hello,

I have an app that is built using IOS6.1, so the appearance is IOS6.

If I install it in IOS7 iphone it will look and feel IOS7 style but many of the elements not rendered in the same position I used to have them.

I would like to know if its possible to run under IOS7 devices an IOS6.1 app but keep the IOS6 apperance.

Thanks in advance.

Alex

Re: Keep IOS6 app style under IOS7 devices

bobreck
In your app build settings, there is a deployment target. Typically this is set to the highest SDK that you have on your system. Set it to be 6.1 and you're golden. The setting I am referring to is not the one that specifies what iOS versions your app supports, it's Deployment Target under iOS application in info.plist.

Bob

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 17, 2013, at 11:03 AM, "Alejandro Vazquez" <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

Hello,

I have an app that is built using IOS6.1, so the appearance is IOS6.

If I install it in IOS7 iphone it will look and feel IOS7 style but many of the elements not rendered in the same position I used to have them.

I would like to know if its possible to run under IOS7 devices an IOS6.1 app but keep the IOS6 apperance.

Thanks in advance.

Alex

Re: Keep IOS6 app style under IOS7 devices

bobreck
Alejandro,

Ok, see, this is what happens when I reply not having my Mac nearby to reference and check myself. I am sorry, but I was incorrect. The "Deployment Target" setting determines which versions of iOS your app supports. So if it is set to iOS 5, your app will run on iOS 5 or later.

The setting you want to change is under iOS Build. First pick your configuration. Then, on the general tab, pick the SDK Version. If you pick "Default" or "iOS 7" (Default is your highest installed SDK) then your app will look like an iOS 7.0 app when installed on an iOS 7 device or simulator. If you pick an earlier version, then the app will look like that version (for example, picking iOS 6.1 will retain the iOS 6.1 look on an iOS 7.0 device).

The trick here is making sure you have separate SDKs installed. By default, Xcode 5 will install iOS 7 which contains all of the prior SDKs that are supported, but you can only choose iOS 7 or default from the SDK version drop-down. You will need to download and install the previous SDKs from developer.apple.com if you don't have them already. Then I believe you will be able to pick that SDK from the drop-down list.

Again, sorry for incorrectly answering the first time.
Bob