In-app search

Josh Handel-2
Howdy all,
  Before I go reinvent the wheel I figured I would ask.. We have an app that will host several hundred pages of content (local).. And our client would like to make the content searchable.. What kind of in-app search strategies have you guys tried to employ in the passed?

I'm debating wrapping a C version of Lucene for MonoTouch but that seems like ALOT of work.. anyone have any toolkits or tricks they have used in the passed?  I was also thinking about perhaps integrating with Spotlight but I don't know how that would work from inside the app.

Thanks
Josh

Re: In-app search

gorhal
Hi

Why not use SQL Lite?
Store content in DB...

 /Göran

On 22 March 2012 15:50, Josh Handel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Howdy all,
>  Before I go reinvent the wheel I figured I would ask.. We have an app that will host several hundred pages of content (local).. And our client would like to make the content searchable.. What kind of in-app search strategies have you guys tried to employ in the passed?
>
> I'm debating wrapping a C version of Lucene for MonoTouch but that seems like ALOT of work.. anyone have any toolkits or tricks they have used in the passed?  I was also thinking about perhaps integrating with Spotlight but I don't know how that would work from inside the app.
>
> Thanks
> Josh

Re: In-app search

Josh Handel
This was my final answer.. I did a custom build of Sqlite3 with FTS4 enabled.. Its not as good as running a mini Lucene but it only took 4 hours to get all the moving parts working in the right direction instead of the who knows how long to get LuceneKit running in an iPhone and then wrapped.

Josh
On 22 March 2012 15:50, Josh Handel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Howdy all,
>  Before I go reinvent the wheel I figured I would ask.. We have an app that will host several hundred pages of content (local).. And our client would like to make the content searchable.. What kind of in-app search strategies have you guys tried to employ in the passed?
>
> I'm debating wrapping a C version of Lucene for MonoTouch but that seems like ALOT of work.. anyone have any toolkits or tricks they have used in the passed?  I was also thinking about perhaps integrating with Spotlight but I don't know how that would work from inside the app.
>
> Thanks
> Josh

Re: In-app search

Miguel de Icaza-2
Did you consider using to Lucene.Net?  there is a port that works with mono

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 23, 2012, at 4:08 PM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This was my final answer.. I did a custom build of Sqlite3 with FTS4 enabled.. Its not as good as running a mini Lucene but it only took 4 hours to get all the moving parts working in the right direction instead of the who knows how long to get LuceneKit running in an iPhone and then wrapped.
>
> Josh

Art

Re: In-app search

Art
Miguel,
Could you please send us the download link for monotouch build?

Thanks
Art

On Mar 23, 2012, at 10:29 PM, Miguel de Icaza <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Did you consider using to Lucene.Net?  there is a port that works with mono
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Mar 23, 2012, at 4:08 PM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> This was my final answer.. I did a custom build of Sqlite3 with FTS4 enabled.. Its not as good as running a mini Lucene but it only took 4 hours to get all the moving parts working in the right direction instead of the who knows how long to get LuceneKit running in an iPhone and then wrapped.
>>
>> Josh

>>> Josh

Re: In-app search

René Ruppert
I would like to know that to. Wonder if anybody has ever used it on ios with limited memory.

Grüße, René