Howto uninstall

Mittchel
Hello everyone,

Recently I am having some problems with MonoDevelop and I want to uninstall everything to just reinstall it again.
I tried to drag MonoDevelop to the bin but that didn't succeeded. Cause soon as I reinstall MonoDevelop everything is still the same and it isn't a clean install..

I'm having a weird bug that doesn't let me check the monodevelop version, it just crashes!
So, I want to uninstall:

- MonoFramework
- MonoDevelop
-  MonoTouch.

By the way, there is also a website that allows registered users of MonoTouch enter their code to download the full version, whats that website again?

I hope you guys can help me out!

Regards,
Mittchel

Re: Howto uninstall

Jeff Stedfast
Hi Mittchel,

To uninstall MonoTouch:

Delete the following files & directories:

/Developer/MonoTouch
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild-frameworks/MonoTouch
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/Xamarin.ObjcBinding.*

Then, from a command prompt, run the following command:

sudo pkgutil --forget com.xamarin.monotouch.pkg

To uninstall MonoDevelop:

Delete MonoDevelop.app like you did before and then delete the following directories (and their contents):

~/Library/Application Support/MonoDevelop-2.8
~/Library/Caches/MonoDevelop-2.8
~/Library/Logs/MonoDevelop-2.8
~/Library/MonoDevelop-2.8
~/Library/Preferences/MonoDevelop-2.8

To uninstall Mono framework:

Delete /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework and then issue the following command:

sudo pkgutil --forget com.ximian.mono-2.10.6-csdk

(replace 2.10.6 with whatever version you actually have installed)

Hope that helps,

Jeff