GUI templates

Slicc
Hello,

I am just starting out with Monotouch/iOS.  I am not much of a GUI designer and they always tend to look a bit poor when I do them.  Can anyone advise if there are any GUI type resources out there that might help?  Icons, images, is there such a thing as a xib template for example.

Anything that might help.

Thanks,

Slicc

Re: GUI templates

Nic Wise
I've found AppDesignVault to be quite good for full templates.

http://www.appdesignvault.com/

It is all in Obj-C, but you can reuse the images etc, and the
photoshop templates.

That said, you can go a LONG way with just the basic iOS stuff. Apple
have made it easy to do a decent app, even if you are not a designer.
But if you DO have one....

(eg, http://earnestapp.com was done (by me) in MonoTouch, but with a
good designer. It made a HUGE difference. That said, the company I did
it for had a very good in house designer, which helped.

Also good:

Symbolicons: http://symbolicons.com/ (also: cute robot!)
Glyphish Pro:  http://glyphish.com/

Both are worth twice what they cost :)

Thats most of what I use. I'm semi-handy with Photoshop - I can do
basic stuff, but I lack the "taste" and attention to detail of a
proper design person. Thats wasn't obvious until I worked with someone
who lives design.

Hope that helps.

Nic

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Slicc <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am just starting out with Monotouch/iOS.  I am not much of a GUI designer
> and they always tend to look a bit poor when I do them.  Can anyone advise
> if there are any GUI type resources out there that might help?  Icons,
> images, is there such a thing as a xib template for example.
>
> Anything that might help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Slicc

t.  +44 7788 592 806 | @fastchicken | http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicwise
b. http://www.fastchicken.co.nz/

Earnest: Self-employed? Track your business expenses and income.
http://earnestapp.com
Nearest Bus: find when the next bus is coming to your stop. http://goo.gl/Vcz1p
mobileAgent (for FreeAgent): get your accounts in your pocket.
http://goo.gl/IuBU
Trip Wallet: Keep track of your budget on the go: http://goo.gl/ePhKa
London Bike App: Find the nearest Boris Bike, and get riding! http://goo.gl/Icp2

Re: GUI templates

Slicc
Great, thanks, very useful.

Slicc

Re: GUI templates

krisha
hi nic,

           i want to use custom psd templates into monotouch project  but didnt found appropiate tuotorial on how to use it. can you provide me some help regarding this please its urgent!!!

Thank you

Re: GUI templates

Nic Wise
You may need to look on the forums, and also on the component store -
I think there is a template there which you could model off.

The APIs you need are called UIAppearance - Xamarin have good docs for
that on their site.