Finding the registered devices for a user

Finding the registered devices for a user

Paul Johnson
Hi,

According to Apple, if I purchase an app, I am entitled to install it on
any device registered to me - in other words, 1 licence for multiple
devices.

I'm working on an app at the moment which works on a licence basis of up
to 5 devices, 6 - 10 and 10+ devices. Problem is the code uses the
UniqueID which was deprecated in iOS5 and for this task is wrong anyway.

One solution is to interrogate the device id numbers Apple uses for a
particular username and password. I'm not sure what they call it though
so haven't been able to look it up.

Does anyone know if this is even possible and if it is, the best way to
do it?

Thanks

Paul
--
"Space," it says, "is big. Really big. You just won't believe how
vastly, hugely, mindbogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a

Re: Finding the registered devices for a user

jawbrey
I would be really shocked if Apple gave you a way to get a list of all devices belonging to a particular ID

I'm not really sure that what you want to do would be past the review process, even if you could find a way to make it work.

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 7:51 PM, Paul Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Alec Tucker

Hi Paul,

It may be better to restrict this via its web service interaction, if there is any.

Alec

[...]

This message was scanned at Tuesday, April 23, 2013 1:25:13 AM GMT by Trend Micro IMHS on behalf of White Clarke Group

This message was scanned by Symantec Messaging Gateway at White Clarke Group - www.whiteclarkegroup.com. White Clarke Group Ltd - Registered in England - Registered number 03435619. Registered address: Fairfax House, 15 Fulwood Place, London, WC1V 6AY

This message was scanned at Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:06:37 AM GMT by Trend Micro IMHS on behalf of