Example of gestures in Monotouch.Dialog

Felix Collins
Can someone point me to an example of using gestures with monotouch.dialog?  I was hoping for a bunch of events on the elements but I guess that would create too much overhead.  I've had a look in the TweetStation code but that was not much help.

Cheers,
Felix

Re: Example of gestures in Monotouch.Dialog

Nic Wise
I've been doing exactly this recently

https://gist.github.com/1889882

Basically, assign a gesture to the TableView, and handle it when it happens :)

(nice to see a Kiwi on here :)

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 16:27, Felix Collins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can someone point me to an example of using gestures with monotouch.dialog?
>  I was hoping for a bunch of events on the elements but I guess that would
> create too much overhead.  I've had a look in the TweetStation code but that
> was not much help.
>
> Cheers,
> Felix

t.  +44 7788 592 806 | @fastchicken | http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicwise
b. http://www.fastchicken.co.nz/

Nearest Bus: find when the next bus is coming to your stop. http://goo.gl/Vcz1p
mobileAgent (for FreeAgent): get your accounts in your pocket.
http://goo.gl/IuBU
Trip Wallet: Keep track of your budget on the go: http://goo.gl/ePhKa
London Bike App: Find the nearest Boris Bike, and get riding! http://goo.gl/Icp2

Re: Example of gestures in Monotouch.Dialog

Felix Collins
Hi Nic, Nice to be here. Hey! how could you tell where I am?

Anyway, I looked at your code.  I got that far from the xamarin touches example.  I'm using Monotouch.Dialog so I've effectively got a UITableView. Is there a tidy way to get which element/row/cell has been gestured and do some animation on it?

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 16:59, Felix Collins <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Nic, Nice to be here. Hey! how could you tell where I am?

Rapportive, in Gmail, tells me info from your linkedin profile.

> Anyway, I looked at your code.  I got that far from the xamarin touches
> example.  I'm using Monotouch.Dialog so I've effectively got a UITableView.
> Is there a tidy way to get which element/row/cell has been gestured and do
> some animation on it?

Not sure - you might be able to pull the X/Y out of it, otherwise look
into the Element you are wanting to gesture on, and attach a guesture
to that element. I'd say you'd need to make a custom Element for that,
as it'd be on the Cell level. I think.

> On 23/02/2012 4:41 p.m., Nic Wise wrote:
>>
>> I've been doing exactly this recently
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/1889882
>>
>> Basically, assign a gesture to the TableView, and handle it when it
>> happens :)
>>
>> (nice to see a Kiwi on here :)
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 16:27, Felix Collins<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Can someone point me to an example of using gestures with
>>> monotouch.dialog?
>>>  I was hoping for a bunch of events on the elements but I guess that
>>> would
>>> create too much overhead.  I've had a look in the TweetStation code but
>>> that
>>> was not much help.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Felix

t.  +44 7788 592 806 | @fastchicken | http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicwise
b. http://www.fastchicken.co.nz/

Nearest Bus: find when the next bus is coming to your stop. http://goo.gl/Vcz1p
mobileAgent (for FreeAgent): get your accounts in your pocket.
http://goo.gl/IuBU
Trip Wallet: Keep track of your budget on the go: http://goo.gl/ePhKa
London Bike App: Find the nearest Boris Bike, and get riding! http://goo.gl/Icp2

Re: Example of gestures in Monotouch.Dialog

cbailey
I'm in Auckland guys. So that makes 3 of us :)

Re: Example of gestures in Monotouch.Dialog

Nic Wise
Hi!

I'm normally in the UK, but visiting family - Wanganui now, Wellington
tomorrow, Auckland next week, then back to the UK...

Rest of list: press delete now :)

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 17:21, cbailey <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm in Auckland guys. So that makes 3 of us :)

t.  +44 7788 592 806 | @fastchicken | http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicwise
b. http://www.fastchicken.co.nz/

Nearest Bus: find when the next bus is coming to your stop. http://goo.gl/Vcz1p
mobileAgent (for FreeAgent): get your accounts in your pocket.
http://goo.gl/IuBU
Trip Wallet: Keep track of your budget on the go: http://goo.gl/ePhKa
London Bike App: Find the nearest Boris Bike, and get riding! http://goo.gl/Icp2

Re: Example of gestures in Monotouch.Dialog

moljac
I bet this is part of MobileAPI.LocationServices...

On 2012.02.23 05:49, Nic Wise wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm normally in the UK, but visiting family - Wanganui now, Wellington
> tomorrow, Auckland next week, then back to the UK...
>
> Rest of list: press delete now :)
No way!

Test data...

regards

mel

> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 17:21, cbailey<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> I'm in Auckland guys. So that makes 3 of us :)
>>
>> --

Miljenko Cvjetko dipl.ing. ET
        Direktor/CEO
        Projektant rješenja/Solution Architect
        Razvojni programer/Senior developer
        Voditelj projekta/Project Manager

IX južna obala 13
Kajzerica Zagreb
T: 385 1 7775555
M: 385 91 557 447 3
F: 385 1 7779556
e: [hidden email]
w: http://www.holisticware.net

Re: Example of gestures in Monotouch.Dialog

Nic Wise
hehe, if I worked for Xamarin.... it might be. But I dont (sadly...)

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 21:31, Miljenko Cvjetko
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I bet this is part of MobileAPI.LocationServices...
>

> On 2012.02.23 05:49, Nic Wise wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm normally in the UK, but visiting family - Wanganui now, Wellington
>> tomorrow, Auckland next week, then back to the UK...
>>
>> Rest of list: press delete now :)
>
> No way!
>
> Test data...
>
> regards
>
> mel
>

>> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 17:21, cbailey<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm in Auckland guys. So that makes 3 of us :)
>>>
>>> --

> Miljenko Cvjetko dipl.ing. ET
>        Direktor/CEO
>        Projektant rješenja/Solution Architect
>        Razvojni programer/Senior developer
>        Voditelj projekta/Project Manager
>
> IX južna obala 13
> Kajzerica Zagreb
> T: 385 1 7775555
> M: 385 91 557 447 3
> F: 385 1 7779556
> e: [hidden email]
> w: http://www.holisticware.net

t.  +44 7788 592 806 | @fastchicken | http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicwise
b. http://www.fastchicken.co.nz/

Nearest Bus: find when the next bus is coming to your stop. http://goo.gl/Vcz1p
mobileAgent (for FreeAgent): get your accounts in your pocket.
http://goo.gl/IuBU
Trip Wallet: Keep track of your budget on the go: http://goo.gl/ePhKa
London Bike App: Find the nearest Boris Bike, and get riding! http://goo.gl/Icp2

Re: Example of gestures in Monotouch.Dialog - SOLVED

Felix Collins
Ok, got this sorted...

Info here was useful
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8449608/monotouch-programming-for-swipe-gesture

But beware.  For some reason the use of a generic gesture-recognizer-wrapper causes a SIGSEGV fault. I'd love to know what is broke because having a nice wrapper that provides a C# event is much tidier than attributes and compiler magic to hook up to Selectors.

Anyway the important point is.

Hook up the gesture recogniser to the DialogViewController (which inherits UITableView)

|var point = recognizer.LocationInView(myTableView);
var indexPath = myTableView.IndexPathForRowAtPoint(point);

indexPath has the section and row information.

PS: Nic, I hope you checked out my blog too. At felixcollins.com - not programming related

Re: Example of gestures in Monotouch.Dialog

krisha
HY,

I need gestureRecognizer to recognize in my tableView cell.ImageView.Image but not in the tableview row. I have googled a lot but didnt found anything .Plz can u provide me some links or sample code...