Card Reader and Receipt Printer

Alejandro Vazquez
Hi,

Im developing an app that will require to do credit card transactions and also receipt printing so I would like to know if there is any bluetooth device that anyone can recommend me and that has any easy integration with monotouch.

Thanks a lot!!

Alejandro

Re: Card Reader and Receipt Printer

Nic Wise
I _think_ these work with MonoTouch

http://ipclineapro.com/

You might want to reach out to Eduardo Scoz (@escoz) on twitter, I
think he might have done something with it.

As for printers, I'm not sure. There are portable, IP-rated bluetooth
printers around, eg:

http://www.ers-online.co.uk/o4823/1000822-citizen-cmp-20-mobile-portable-printers?gclid=CI6RxNSDorQCFebLtAod3GAANA

and as they are bluetooth, CoreBluetooth and some serial-port-style
code should do the job :)

I'd love to know how you get on :) Maybe also ask on http://forums.xamarin.com/

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Alejandro Vazquez
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Im developing an app that will require to do credit card transactions and
> also receipt printing so I would like to know if there is any bluetooth
> device that anyone can recommend me and that has any easy integration with
> monotouch.
>
> Thanks a lot!!
>
> Alejandro

mobileAgent (for FreeAgent): get your accounts in your pocket.
http://goo.gl/IuBU
Trip Wallet: Keep track of your budget on the go: http://goo.gl/ePhKa
Earnest: Self-employed? Track your business expenses and income.
http://earnestapp.com
Nearest Bus: find when the next bus is coming to your stop. http://goo.gl/Vcz1p
London Bike App: Find the nearest Boris Bike, and get riding! http://goo.gl/Icp2

Re: Card Reader and Receipt Printer

Dino
They do work - I use them.

Also, we use the Blue Bamboo Bluetooth printer with reasonable success I believe.

As for printers, I'm not sure. There are portable, IP-rated bluetooth printers around, eg:

http://www.ers-online.co.uk/o4823/1000822-citizen-cmp-20-mobile-portable-printers?gclid=CI6RxNSDorQCFebLtAod3GAANA

and as they are bluetooth, CoreBluetooth and some serial-port-style code should do the job :)

I'd love to know how you get on :) Maybe also ask on http://forums.xamarin.com/

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Alejandro Vazquez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Im developing an app that will require to do credit card transactions
> and also receipt printing so I would like to know if there is any
> bluetooth device that anyone can recommend me and that has any easy
> integration with monotouch.
>
> Thanks a lot!!
>
> Alejandro

mobileAgent (for FreeAgent): get your accounts in your pocket.
http://goo.gl/IuBU
Trip Wallet: Keep track of your budget on the go: http://goo.gl/ePhKa
Earnest: Self-employed? Track your business expenses and income.
http://earnestapp.com
Nearest Bus: find when the next bus is coming to your stop. http://goo.gl/Vcz1p London Bike App: Find the nearest Boris Bike, and get riding! http://goo.gl/Icp2 _______________________________________________

Re: Card Reader and Receipt Printer

Nic Wise
Nice :)

Also, if you are taking credit cards.... urgh, how do you get around
the PCIDSS stuff? Rate your app and phone? Don't store info on the
phone? Thats be a bit of a nightmare without a direct connection from
the phone/case to the payment provider.

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 6:09 PM, Dean Cleaver
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Blue Bamboo Bluetooth

mobileAgent (for FreeAgent): get your accounts in your pocket.
http://goo.gl/IuBU
Trip Wallet: Keep track of your budget on the go: http://goo.gl/ePhKa
Earnest: Self-employed? Track your business expenses and income.
http://earnestapp.com
Nearest Bus: find when the next bus is coming to your stop. http://goo.gl/Vcz1p
London Bike App: Find the nearest Boris Bike, and get riding! http://goo.gl/Icp2

Re: Card Reader and Receipt Printer

Dino
PCI is another kettle of fish. Technically, the LineaPro isn't certifiable, but the next version will be (encrypts at the head). But then no device that is not locked to a single app can be certified either, so we're up against the wall there.

And yes - we call directly to the processors from the device so no CC details are ever transmitted to our server, and they are never stored on the device. The attack window is a few seconds while the CC details are in memory on the device - that's it.