Bluetooth portable printer

Alejandro Vazquez
Hi,

I need to make an app using Monotouch in order to print receipts from the app. Does anyone can recommend me a printer and how can I hook it up using monotouch?

Thanks a lot,

Alejandro

Re: Bluetooth portable printer

Nic Wise
You have a number of ways

if its on a local network, you can just use a airprint printer (or
something running on a mac which makes any local printer look like an
airprint one), and then just do the normal printing (look at the apple
or Xamarin docs), eg:
http://docs.xamarin.com/samples/RecipesAndPrinting

If it has to be 100% mobile - eg a receipt printer attached to a
person, walking around - you need bluetooth, and I suspect you are
going to be using something like this:

https://pos.epson.com/products/MobilinkP60withBluetooth?ProductPK=679
https://pos.epson.com/developers/application-process.htm

Printing without using AirPrint is still a bit messy, it appears.

On 2 September 2013 15:38, Alejandro Vazquez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to make an app using Monotouch in order to print receipts from the
> app. Does anyone can recommend me a printer and how can I hook it up using
> monotouch?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Alejandro

Re: Bluetooth portable printer

Alejandro Vazquez
Thanks Nice,

So is it possible to use Airprint for the epson mobilink printer?

t.  +44 7788 592 806 | @fastchicken

Re: Bluetooth portable printer

Nic Wise
Not from what I read on their site, no

http://pos.epson.com/mobile/

you have to get their SDK, then get them to certify you (and apple to)
as a "made for iphone" app or something.

https://pos.epson.com/products/MobilinkP60withBluetooth?ProductPK=679
https://pos.epson.com/developers/application-process.htm

Then, I think you can. You might not need that if you are not going
into the appstore tho.

On 2 September 2013 17:10, Alejandro Vazquez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Nice,
>
> So is it possible to use Airprint for the epson mobilink printer?

Oh, and is just happened to drop into my rss reader this morning