Blank Dialog EntryElement text on device

Blank Dialog EntryElement text on device

gc898
When I use the "Link SDK assemblies only" build option, all my MonoTouchDialog.EntryElement cells show no text. I think the text is white since data can still be entered and read.

This is only happening on the device. Changing to "Don't Link" causes it to work normally.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Re: Blank Dialog EntryElement text on device

Rolf Bjarne Kvinge
Hi,

You're likely using reflection in some way and the managed linker is removing some of your code. Without an actual sample it's hard to be more specific though.

Here is the relevant documentation: http://docs.xamarin.com/ios/Guides/Advanced_Topics/Linker

Rolf

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 7:30 AM, gc898 <[hidden email]> wrote:
When I use the "Link SDK assemblies only" build option, all my
MonoTouchDialog.EntryElement cells show no text. I think the text is white
since data can still be entered and read.

This is only happening on the device. Changing to "Don't Link" causes it to
work normally.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Re: Blank Dialog EntryElement text on device

James Darbyshire
I also intermittently see this issue, not using reflection.

Restarting the app sometimes fixes the problem.

Not 100%, but I think it is due to where the EntryElement is created (LoadView, Ctor etc. )

I will post a code example tomorrow.

Regards,

James

On 16/01/2013, at 8:44 AM, Rolf Bjarne Kvinge <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

You're likely using reflection in some way and the managed linker is removing some of your code. Without an actual sample it's hard to be more specific though.

Here is the relevant documentation: http://docs.xamarin.com/ios/Guides/Advanced_Topics/Linker

Rolf

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 7:30 AM, gc898 <[hidden email]> wrote:
When I use the "Link SDK assemblies only" build option, all my
MonoTouchDialog.EntryElement cells show no text. I think the text is white
since data can still be entered and read.

This is only happening on the device. Changing to "Don't Link" causes it to
work normally.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Re: Blank Dialog EntryElement text on device

Nic Wise
I was setting this in an app the other day. Not seeing it now. Neither
the app nor the phone has changed.

VERY weird. VERY not reproducible too :(

On 16 January 2013 12:14, James Darbyshire <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I also intermittently see this issue, not using reflection.
>
> Restarting the app sometimes fixes the problem.
>
> Not 100%, but I think it is due to where the EntryElement is created
> (LoadView, Ctor etc. )
>
> I will post a code example tomorrow.
>
> Regards,
>
> James
>
> On 16/01/2013, at 8:44 AM, Rolf Bjarne Kvinge <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> You're likely using reflection in some way and the managed linker is
> removing some of your code. Without an actual sample it's hard to be more
> specific though.
>
> Here is the relevant documentation:
> http://docs.xamarin.com/ios/Guides/Advanced_Topics/Linker
>
> Rolf
>
> On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 7:30 AM, gc898 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> When I use the "Link SDK assemblies only" build option, all my
>> MonoTouchDialog.EntryElement cells show no text. I think the text is white
>> since data can still be entered and read.
>>
>> This is only happening on the device. Changing to "Don't Link" causes it
>> work normally.
>>
>> Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Re: Blank Dialog EntryElement text on device

Arnd
Same here - in a brand new a brand new iPad App.

The error occurs only in the App Store version - never in simulator or local iPad.

I uploaded a new version built with "Don't link" option today - hope that fixes it...

Re: Blank Dialog EntryElement text on device

Arnd
After a lot of research I found a solution for the problem by explicitly setting the EntryAlignment of the section which contains the EntryElements.