Activation Xamarin MonoTouch license after migration to a new Apple machine

Activation Xamarin MonoTouch license after migration to a new Apple machine

enblu
Hi everyone,
I migrated all my settings to a new Apple device from my old iMac. After the migration Xamarin doesn't work. At the end of the compile appears this error message: mtouch exited with code 99. Anyone can help me, how can I proceed using my MT old license. Thanks.

Re: Activation Xamarin MonoTouch license after migration to a new Apple machine

Nic Wise
Yup, code 99 is a license issue.

You need to re-register monotouch (Xamarin.iOS). You can either email
[hidden email] who should know how to help you, or find the
MonoTouchActivation.app which is often in /Applications - that may do
it.

If you didn't unregister your machine, you can also go onto the
Xamarin site (where you buy it), login, and in there you can remove a
machine so you can register another one.

It's slightly different in old versions tho (before Xamarin 2.0) -
which version do you have?

Hi Nic,
I'm using Xamarin 4.0.1. Yes I supposed that colud be a license issue. My MT subscription is expired, but I understand that this should be a problem only for the support, new features or fixed bug; not for complie old projects. The Xamarin suppport suggested to renew the license and surely I will do after the summer, but now I'm looking for a solution (if exist) to use xamarin IDE without upgrade the license. Do you think I have to renew necessarily the MT before start using Xamarin on new Apple machine?

Re: Activation Xamarin MonoTouch license after migration to a new Apple machine

Nic Wise
No, you should be able to install it on a new machine (they say the
license is perpetual, but not that you are stuck to the physical
hardware you had when it expires), at least thats my understanding.

Try and find the registering / license app. I assume you have the
installer for your version somewhere? (or, log into your
store.xamarin.com account and download the version which you last had
access to or have already) Look in /Applications, see if it's in
there.

Or, you should be able to activate your copy using Xamarin Studio -
before you open a project, click on your avatar in the top right
corner...

Or go back to support and point this out:

"
Can I continue to use Xamarin when my subscription expires?

Yes you can. Your Xamarin license is perpetual. If you choose not to
renew your subscription, you will no longer have access to new
releases and support, and we will be very sad.
"

which should include being able to install it on a new mac (assuming
you have only installed it on 2 other macs - same rules as paying
people)